Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dorkiness is the new Pink!

So I just found an amazing band. They're called The Lillingtons. And if you like The Ramones and/or The Misfits then you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this band. They're punk rock. They're dorks. They sing about aliens and reading superman comics and zombies and all kinds of nerdy awesome things. I'm sitting at the writers-roundtable and we have all their songs on repeat. It's like a joygasm for my ears continuously.

Ok...that was kinda creepy, but still...let that not dissuade you from checking them out at http://www.myspace.com/thelillingtonsrealdeal, trust me when I say you won't be disappointed.

Moving on. Today I'm trying to be productive and sorta failing, for the reasons listed above but also because I'm developing an idea from something into something completely different. Now, this is a pretty normal thing, when it comes to writing. Ideas are fluid and are constantly changing, but not normally in a complete overhaul kind of way, which is what this is about to be. To give you specifics without giving any specifics...the story went from being about a remorse-filled teenager who tries to "fix his past" and it's now transformed into like a super-soldier story...with much of the overall plot still remaining the same. Yeah...now you see my problem.

So what do I do? I come here and ramble about it! Why? Cuz it keeps my mind active without keeping it stuck. This is giving me time to think about other things while still working the story out in my mind...plus I'm giving myself an extra break soon when the tater-tots come out of the oven. Yes, this is my life. Science fiction stories and tater-tots. It's ok to be jealous...since it won't last forever.

Alright...I'm gonna try and get back to the beast now.

Tim

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...