Friday, October 22, 2010

I have cool shirts. Do you?

So I woke up this morning and I had two thoughts. First, holy crap I'm still really tired. Second, today is going to be productive, by hook or by crook! Now, being one of my two days off you may be wondering why I would get up if I was still very tired; which is a perfectly fair question. The fact is that though Fridays are "technically" my day off, that's only from my office job. Fridays are my day to get a lot done in whatever writing project is on my plate right now. And since I actually have Four, Active, Incomplete projects it often comes down to whichever one I'm most interested in working on. Today it's my most recent project...fancy that.

I had intended on doing MORE blogs over the last couple weeks, but it has turned out to be even less than the usual one per week because I didn't get to it last week. Partially because I was working on a script and partially because last Friday wasn't nearly as productive as I wanted it to be.

Today, may perhaps be less productive unfortunately because we have wee little Ethan under our feet. If he settles in and plays we're good...if he's clingy and unable to let Matt get away, we probably won't be. So I will hope for the best and try and be productive regardless.

I'm on page 6 of my script (which will end up at or around 24 pages). The outline is done and has been guiding me really well so I am confident that I'll keep on the right track.

So I'm going to go off on a little tangent now about Baseball. Yeup, that's right, I said Baseball. For those of you that know me you already know what a huge sports fan I am and something that's been bugging me lately is the length of the baseball season. If the World Series goes more than 4 games this year they will be playing in November. NOVEMBER! It's a Summer Sport...seriously, November? What The Hell? The baseball season is stupidly long and I will outline how, if I was commissioner, I would change it, the owners and revenue be damned.

First, the plan is to shorten the season on both ends. To do so I would reduce the number of games from 162 to 120. This would allow games to start later (to avoid the situation where like in Cleveland a couple years back where they had SNOW on the field in Cleveland and had to play their first series or two in Milwaukee, which was just stupid.) and it would allow the playoffs to begin earlier and thus end in a reasonable amount of time. To accomplish this shortening of the season I propose this: Eliminate Inter-League Play. That's 15 games. That brings us down to 147. Then, Eliminate the unbalanced schedule model that divisions currently play under. Right now the CUBS play 78 intra-division games. THAT'S INSANE! That's nearly half their schedule all within their division. If you eliminate one 3-game series from each team that's another 15 games bringing us down to 132. And if you make one of the remaining 3-game series into a 4-game series and eliminate the remaining other two games from another series that's another 10 games bringing us down to 122. Now, with those simple eliminations I think we'd be better off and the season would be reasonable.

Ok, rant done. I am going to go be productive now. See you all later!

Thanks for stopping by,

Tim

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...