Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm a published writer...? Hell Yeah!

So I know I haven't posted in like...a week. And I do apologize for that, truly I do. The fact is this past week has been somewhat new and crazy with things that require my attention. This upcoming week will be the same, but I should hopefully have slightly more time and as such I may actually be able to post one or two times before next weekend when I will surely have the time to devote to my readership which I truly feel bad for neglecting.

I sit here today a proud, smiling man. Why, you ask, is that? Lots of reasons to be sure. But we'll just go with the easiest and most obvious to explain, which would be that the first page of my first published work was posted today on http://apecmx.com/ufo/. The 13-page short story comic is called Journeys and follows two main characters, Frank and Greta. I don't want to give away anything, because it'll be more fun to read it as it comes out, but sufficed to say as the link may imply to you, there's some UFO's involved along the way. I hope that you like the start and I hope even more that you continue to read it. A new page will be posted every Sunday. I believe they may add pages on Thursday as well, I'll keep you all updated.

Now that I'm a published professional writer what's really changed? Aside from everything you mean? I get to go to conventions now wearing a creators badge. That's something I've wanted to do since I was about 15 and went to my first convention. And if I could actually draw a lick of art I probably woulda been to this point a long time ago, but I spent a lot of my formative years writing Star Wars novels and dark poetry (don't ask) so my comics writing skills didn't come until recently...and by recently I mean the last 5 years or so.

I'm excited to see the fruits of my labor come to fruition with this first publication but it gives me even greater anticipation and excitement for my current project with Matt and Shawn to continue to move forward. I've been really inspired by Matt the last few years. Not only by his success but with his support and willingness to always turn to me for my opinion but also always being willing to read what I've written and provide me with honest feedback that is actually useful, not something that's always true with people.

For now, I shall take my leave and say that I thank you all for your readership and support! I love my readers, I really do. I write not only for myself but for my audience, any good writer will tell you that. The story and it's heart and soul come from me and are written for me, but my audience is something that always maintains a piece of my mind whenever I'm putting effort into anything I do.

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...