Friday, January 21, 2011

Holy Crap it's cold out!

I consider myself a rather "rugged" guy when it comes to the elements. I don't care about rain or even snow for that matter. For the most part I'm totally at peace with the fact that I live in Chicagoland and we have relatively insane weather. For example: this past Monday it snowed, rained, hailed and snowed again all within the span of about two hours. *shakes head* We Illinoisans are a hearty breed for the most part. Though there is never a shortage of complaining from people who live here about the weather.

I write this blog not in complaint but in protest. Protest of wind. Wind is so unnecessary. I mean, what has wind ever done for me? Nothing, that's what. I mean, sure...summer breezes are great and I have fond memories of kite flying. But I have even more bad memories of Frizbee's going awry and perfect basketball shots clanging off the rim due to a random gust of wind. Winter weather would not be nearly as unbearable if wind would simply cease to exist. That is all.

Now, on to more exciting things! After a very productive and entertaining conversation with the guys over at 8daysageek I have been named Associate Editor and Contributing Feature Writer. See my profile HERE. Thus far my main contribution has been a new weekly series called Bin Fodder which reviews and discusses under-appreciated comics like Cyberforce and Blue Monday. (posts linked for your convenience!) There will be much more in the coming future as I get my website-writing legs under me.

Hmm...let's see...Ahh, well next week is my basketball group's annual tournament. I'm really excited about it because two weeks ago I got my sports goggles (yes, I'm a nerd, shuddup!) and thus far with practice at the gym and this past week's game they have improved my shot and my passing.

Alright, well that'll do it for today.

Peace,

TB (JQ)

p.s. 31 days till HAWAII!!!!

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...