Friday, January 14, 2011

Manifest Freaking Destiny!

Hello my friends, welcome back.

As some of you know already I have recently began expanding the use of my writing talents to different fields away from just the blog-o-sphere. It started with my first published comic and has now moved on to writing for a website called 8 Days A Geek.

The site is a one-stop shopping experience for all things geek with articles on upcoming movies, comics, dvd releases and there's even a podcast series (download for free from iTunes). My first feature article for the site will launch my weekly series on comics called Bin Fodder. It will center around comics that either a) weren't necessarily popular but that I have a soft-spot for and enjoy very much or b) were amazing and everyone should know about it! This first week's installment comes from option A; as it reviews Cyberforce, the Top Cow/Image early 90's series. Check it out HERE! I'll be doing more things for the site as I get more settled, but Bin Fodder should be a weekly staple, so get used to it!

GREEN HORNET is out!!! I am very excited and will hopefully be seeing it sometime in the next week, so there will be a review with my name on it somewhere here in Internets land, I'll keep you posted.

Hmmm...what else. Oh, I heard they changed the Horoscope signs and apparently added one? Facebook and Twitter have been all abuzz with it today. What this tells me about the people in this world is that, to quote Sheldon Cooper (Big Bang Theory) "you [people] participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality." Well said dear sir. Well said.

Alright, I think I'm going to make today's post a relatively short one and allow you to go off any explore the wonderful pieces of information I've listed above!

Peace,

Tb (JQ)

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...