Friday, January 28, 2011

R & R ain't overrated

It's true...today is a seriously lazy day. Sure, I went in to the office for a couple hours this morning (something I truly regret and has left me forlorn) I persevere!

I have a couple new articles up on 8daysageek. I posted one on Wednesday night that talks about the death of Fantastic Four character The Human Torch and how comic book companies continue to kill off characters only to bring them back. So should readers really care? It also explores the opposite side of the spectrum where companies use the destruction of a character or characters for a larger purpose. Even if you're not currently interested in comics you should still check out the article...if only to support me! Haha, but seriously, it has some interesting points of view, which if you're reading my blog you clearly enjoy.

The second post went up today and like previous posts is my weekly review of an independent comic. This week it's White Picket Fences. You could say this was a homer move of shameless proportions since I know the creative team but I would say that the book deserves recognition as a quality independent title! The article reviews the mini-series and double-sized one-shot that have been produced thus far. It's a fun review, check it out!

You may be thinking, "that's a lot of work...where's the R & R you speak of" and you'd be right, thus far. But the rest of my day is gonna be all dinner and episodes of NBC's Community! Gotta rest up for the big basketball tournament tomorrow. Yes, I'm playing in it, not just attending some sporting event that I'm going to watch and thus need to rest up for. Sheesh!

If we win, I will let you know...if we lose, you will probably never hear mention of it ever again.

Alright, short one today.

Peace,

Tb (JQ)

No comments:

Eulogizing Social Media

Not to betray some kind of unknown truth about me or anything but...I’m closer to 40 than 30 and what that means is that I grew up in a w...